0 days to go until Dec 21 2012...
- Ancient Sumerian Biologists
- Translate Ancient Script
- Apocalypse 2012
- A Fifth Mayan Codex
- Sumeria and the Anunnaki
Why are you here?
Enjoying the game?
- Ultimate Warrior's Death a Conspiracy? Did the Illuminati Give the Former Pro ... - International Business Times AU
- Jason Derulo on Hip Hop Illuminati Rumors (WATCH) - Huffington Post
- MH370: Afghan Terrorist Hijack, Illuminati, Snowden and Other Conspiracy ... - International Business Times UK
- OVERLORDS OF CHAOS: ILLUMINATI PLAN FOR WWW III, STARGATE ... - NewsWithViews.com
- Elections Canada! The new Illuminati! - The Globe and Mail
- Jay Z Wears Controversial Medallion To Make People Forget He's Illuminati - Gothamist
- Is Khloe Kardashian In The Illuminati? Star Flashes Hand Gesture In Thailand ... - International Business Times
- Twitter Meme Compares Illuminati Member Jason Rothschild to Charles ... - International Business Times AU
- Malaysian Airline Flight 370: Disappearance of Boeing 777 Made Alleged ... - International Business Times AU
- Michelle Williams in the Illuminati? 'What Idiot Comes Up With This Stuff ... - Christian Post
In the mythology of Ancient Mesopotamia the Annunaki are a group of Sumerian and Akkadian deities.
The Annunaki appear in a creation myth, Enuma Elish. Marduk, after the creation of mankind, divides the Anunnaki and assigns three hundred in heaven, three hundred on the earth.
When Do We First Hear This Story?
The Anunnaki are first mentioned in the ‘Atrahasis’, the original source of the story of the Great Flood. (The one in the biblical story of Noah’s Ark.)
The original clay tablets of the Atrahasis date back to 1700BC. But parts of the same story have been found on even older tablets. The Atrahasis is probably a retelling of an oral tradition – storytelling from person to person. So the story may well have been passed on for hundreds or even thousands of years.
When the gods instead of man
Did the work, bore the loads,
The Gods’ load was too great,
The work too hard, the trouble too much,
The great Anunnaki made the Igigi
Carry the workload sevenfold
This ancient text seems to say that the Anunnaki were of extra-terrestrial origin – creatures made by the gods, but not the same as human beings.
Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki
An (god of heaven)
Ki (goddess of Earth, also known as Ninhursag)
Enlil (God of wind)
Enki (God of the watery abyss)
As well as being the names of deities, ‘An’ and ‘ki’ also refer to heaven and earth as places.
Sumerian Cuneiform Writing
‘An.un.na.ki’ can also mean as ‘those who came from Heaven and Earth’.
Writing has been invented only three times in human history. The Sumerians invented a way of writing by marking clay tablets with wedge-like inscriptions known as cuneiform.
Here is an.un.na.ki written in Sumerian cuneiform symbols:
A Russian writer named Zecharia Sitchin translated many Sumerian writings about the Anunnaki. Sitchin’s theory is that the Anunnaki were not human, but a race of human-alien hybrids who were sent to help humans build a civilisation.
Whether or not you believe Sitchin, the timescales written about in ancient Sumerian writings are incredible. They speak of events in the far distant past. As if civilisation was much older than we know. The Ancient Maya also write of events which seem to take place long before there would have been towns, buildings or writing.
For example, there is a very famous document known as the Sumerian King List – inscribed on the Weld-Blundell Prism, part of the collection at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. It claims to list all the rulers since the beginning of time. Here’s how it begins:
After the kingship descended from heaven, the kingship was in Eridu. In Eridu, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28800 years. Alaljar ruled for 36000 years. 2 kings; they ruled for 64800 years. Then Eridu fell and the kingship was taken to Bad-tibira.
Eridu refers to a place in modern-day Iraq known as Abu-Shahrain.
As for those ancient dates – maybe they are made-up or mis-remembered.
But it is also possible that they are true.
That human civilisation is far older than we believe. Could the rest also be true? Were the Anunnaki more than a story, a myth? Were they really sent to Earth by some other-worldly ‘Gods’? Were they helpers of men – or as Sitchin believes, were they our overlords?
If so…were did the Anunnaki go? Did some Anunnaki remain hidden amongst the human race? Are they The Watchers, as some believe, waiting to take over the world at a fateful moment in human history…perhaps 22 Dec 2012?
That is certainly what some believe.
The Anunnaki, the Reptilians, the Illuminati.
One and the same? And most important of all – friend or foe?